Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Drum roll, please . . .


Carl Kasell is coming! Carl Kasell is coming!


 
Saturday, January 23rd, 10:30 a.m., 
at the Blackfriars Playhouse in Staunton!

Carl Kasell, the newly retired dean of NPR newscasters, the much-loved Scorekeeper for Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me, and (in this blogger's opinion) as close as NPR has ever come to producing a rock star (remember C.K.'s inimitable rendition of Fever!), will be giving a talk and taking audience questions from 10:30 a.m. until 12 noon on Saturday, January 23rd.

Tickets are free, but there are limited numbers. Reservations will be taken beginning Monday, January 11th, at 9 a.m., online at WMRA.org or by calling 1-800-677-9672 (800-NPR-WMRA).

I don't know about you, but I'm excited. It is so rare to meet  someone who both inspires your trust and tickles you!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds terrific! Wish I were close by - I'd be there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer, too!

    ReplyDelete