Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ding! Final Pet Pledge Day Data Update!

j

WMRA's Pet Pledge Day was yesterday and, as always, serious lunacy prevailed. (Be sure to check out pet photos in "Fan Photos" on WMRA's Facebook page.) I was on the air during All Things Considered with cat lover, Terry Ward, and I promised that this morning's blog would be devoted to The Final Tally of All Pets Pledged in Honor Of.

So here goes. . .
4 donkeys
1 rooster
2 ducks
39 horses
25 deer
46 chickens
1 snake
47 fish
7 birds
2 llamas
1 mouse*
4 rabbits
4 skunks
300,000 bees
1 cockatiel**
2 squirrels
4** bluebirds
3 ferrets
2 goats
1 cow
201*** dogs
219 cats.
* a church mouse, I believe. . .
** not sure why the cockatiel and bluebirds weren't counted as birds, but it's not up to me to question the judges
 *** there was one wished-for dog which the judges ruled could only be used to break a tie.
NOTE: Missing this year were gerbils, hamsters, geckos, iguanas, turtles, pet rocks and stuffed animals.

ANOTHER NOTE: Cats were declared the winners of Pet Pledge Day. I, personally, thought bees should have won, but nobody took my arguments seriously because the bees didn't have names. I did a "shout out" to the bee owners to call in their names, but got no response. Sorry bees, I did what I could.

NOTE #3: Less than $90,000 to go to reach our final goal of at least $135,000. The number to call is 1-800-677-9672 or you can give on-line.

Happy weekend, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment